Dear Middle Tennessee Chapter Member,
Your local RMA chapter offers many benefits to its members. I encourage you to take advantage of the number and variety of opportunities available through your membership. For example, as a member, you receive the well-written RMA Journal, published ten times each year. This publication includes articles focused on current issues in the areas of credit risk management, operational risk and market risk. In addition, we provide opportunities to attend several luncheons, conferences, training sessions, general membership meetings and networking events. Below is a partial list of events that the Middle Tennessee Chapter hosted and provided for its members during the past year:
- Credit Officers Roundtable Discussions (held in October, February and May)
- Educational Training Classes (six full-day classes were held in the past year)
- Economic Update - Craig Dismuke, Senior Vice President & Chief Economic Strategist, Vining Sparks IBG.
- General Membership Meeting – Focus on Healthcare - Alex Tolbert, Team Member, Bernard Health, LLC.
- Sponsored a chapter paper writing contest for submission of papers to RMA’s national paper writing contest for potential publication in the RMA Journal
- Facilitate members’ participation in RMA’s Credit Risk Certification (CRC) program
- Chapter Networking Receptions (held two times)
- Publication of the quarterly MTC Mailer chapter newsletter, highlighting upcoming chapter events
Your involvement in the Middle Tennessee Chapter is important to both the progress of RMA and your own professional development. Thank you for joining our efforts to make the Middle Tennessee Chapter of RMA a real value for each of our members.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our chapter, feel free to contact me or any of our Board members. Information can be found at the following link:
Thank you for your support. I look forward to seeing you at chapter events in the year ahead.
Mark Mattson, President