Ms Rainey Althea

Professional Essay Writer

Contact Details

3643 Old Deer Lane
New York, NY
Google Map Icon

Bio

Tips and Techniques for Writing an Incredible College Essay

Crafting an unforgettable essay may sound like a chore, and it may take a substantial amount of work. But it is also a kind of opportunity that can make a difference at decision time. As much as college puts weight on high school grades and scores, they put the same emphasis on college essays. 

College application essays are the second most important thing that admission officers look for. The first is high academic scores and good test grades. As much as good grades help you get into college, an application essay helps you equally. If you feel worried about writing a good essay, feel free to get help from a write my essay.

However, you can follow some tricks and techniques that can help you write an impressive college application essay. Here are some tips for writing an incredible college essay.

• Pose a Question That the Reader Wants to Answer

Posing a question does not mean that you literally have to pose a direct question. Instead, write in a way that makes the reader wonder how your story will turn out? Or what do you mean by that? Or all of this going to tie back together?

To accomplish that, you need to begin with a compelling hook statement that grabs the reader’s attention and encourages him to want to find out more. Establish a forward momentum right off the bat that makes the reader want to read more. 

• Do Not Summarize 

You don’t have to summarize your story for the reader specifically. Let them read between the lines and read the whole essay in order to find the answers. Do not explicitly tell them, “that’s when I realized,” “the most important lesson that I learned,” “that’s how I learned to stand up for myself.”

There is no need to use such kinds of phrases, as they are unconvincing, unnecessary, and take the reader out of the moment immediately. Therefore, avoid explicitly stating the points of your essay. However, if you believe that you can’t write an essay without these points, get it done by a write my essay for me. They are experts at crafting creative essays that perfectly reflects your personality.

• Do Not Just Recount - Reflect

It is very easy to tell that you have won a big game or you have visited the wonders of the world, but telling what effect that experience left on your mind is difficult. Don’t just give an itinerary or play-by-play description but tell more. Tell what you have learned from that experience or how that experience has changed your life. 

• Open Up

When recounting or recalling an event or experience, make sure to include your emotions and all little sensory details. Remember how you felt at that moment, how that experience has changed you, how it changed the way you think. Whether it had any effect on your values or emotions or thinking? 

Connect the reader with your memories, and make him feel as if he has experienced that moment himself. Write as if you are writing a narrative or descriptive essay. Use ethos, pathos, and logos to make your story connecting and interesting. 

• Write About Something Important to You

Well, this is the best advice you can ever get, write about something that is important to you. If you don’t feel connected to something you can write about it, you get bored in the way and produce pathetic work. You can write about anything that had an impact on your life. It can be an emotion, an event, a book, a person, or an experience. 

Additionally, you need to choose a similar topic for your essay. Look for essay writing service and get an idea of what kind of topic you can choose for your college essay.

• Do Not Focus Exclusively on Past

Most of the students think that they have to focus on the past, specifically. What they have achieved so far and what they have learned from their experience. But that is not the case; you can write about your future plans as well. Actually, you should talk about your plans and avoid focusing exclusively on the past.

Admission officers look for something that highlights your growth and learning. Let them know what you have learned from the past and how it helped you grow as a person. They want students who are actively looking at their future, so make sure you connect your past events with your present and future planning. 

• Experiment with Unexpected

Play with your story, give it a twist, or reveal something unexpected and make it interesting for the reader. But make sure it makes sense within the context of your essay. Playing with the story is not easy; you might get lost while giving it a twist. Therefore, carefully reveal something the reader wouldn’t think you would do, think, or care about.

• Tell Your Story

Stay true to yourself; tell your own story. Do not brag about anything or do not copy other’s stories. It is your essay, and you need to impress the reader with your story instead of making them impress with someone else’s story. 

Tell the reader who you are and what makes you unique and make you stand out from the pool of other candidates. Write as much as possible about yourself but be truthful and stay within the word limit. Use words counter for essays to ensure that you have not exceeded the word limit.

• Start Early and Write Several Drafts

Do not wait for the last moment to come, and don’t rush your essay. Start as early as possible and write several drafts. It will help you make your essay flawless and only include the most relevant details. When you go through your essay, time and again, you’ll automatically make it flawless. 

More Resources:

Learn How to Write an Editorial

Tips to Write the Best Conclusion for Your College Essay

7 Mistakes You Should Avoid in College Application Essay